Sunday, April 13, 2008

I Should have flown yesterday!

Yesterday started out horribly. It was overcast, dark, windy, and rainy. I haven't been able to fly for a couple weeks due to my work schedule and crappy weather. Yesterday appeared to be another one of those days.

Later in the afternoon though, it cleared up. It turned out clear and calm. I was already at the Brewton Airport (12J) and ran into Bob Barbanes (http://fh1100-pilot.blogspot.com/). I had spoken to Bob only in passing in the past. Bob told me about his blog and we talked about just about everything under the sun for quite some time. When Bob left there was still some daylight to burn and I was still contemplating taking the 150 up. I went in the hangar and admired it for a short time, then decided I would wait until tomorrow. There was no reason not to fly. I just talked myself out of it, rationalizing it away because of how little daylight would be left by the time I got the hangar open, pulled out the airplane, completed the preflight, etc... Besides, if you own an airplane you can fly any time, right?

Well tomorrow came and here I am at the airport. Winds are 290 at 17 knots, gusting to 25 knots, a bit much for my comfort level in the 150. Several airplanes have flown in for fuel today. Most travelling home from Sun-N-Fun. It is flyable, just not for me.

I should have flown yesterday!

No comments: