Saturday, March 16, 2013

Looking to the skies... It has been 2 years now since I have been behind the controls of my own airplane. I am still saving every penny possible toward that next plane but it isn't going nearly as fast as I would like. A friend who was a pilot and gave it up once told me he didn't miss it. He said he thought he would look to the skies every time he heard a plane and long to be up in the clouds but that just wasn't the case for him..... Well, it is for me. I still peruse the listings on Barnstormers.com, ebay, controller.com, and any other aviation site out there looking for that next bargain. Fortunately for my marriage I haven't found a deal I couldn't pass up yet. I have to be careful. I am still entertaining the idea of a powered parachute. I really like the Destiny powered chute. The advantage to a chute would be putting it on a trailer and storing it in my garage. Not only do powered parachutes have a low fuel burn but hanger fees are avoided resulting in much less expense to hit the skies. The disadvantage, of course, is the powered parachutes are not "go places" aircraft. I fear I would miss getting in the airplane and flying somewhere new and exciting. So in the mean time, pennies are still dropping in the jar toward the next airplane. For those of you out there still able to soar....Happy Flying!

No comments: